Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's No Fun Being Sick!!

Poor little Jayleigh has been really sick since Sunday. At first I just thought that maybe it was a little cold because her nose was kind of stuffed up. I kept sucking out her nose and then that kind of went away and then she got a little cough. Well I checked her temperature Sunday before church and it was at 99.9. Then a little later that night she didn't feel as hot and she wasn't really complaining or anything so I thought it was just a fluke that her temperature was kind of high and considering she just had her shots on Thursday. Well Sunday night she had a pretty rough night and her and I slept in the living room. Her in her swing so her head was propped up so she could breathe a little better and I on the couch. When she woke up at about 4 in the morning she felt warm to me. So I took her temperature and it was up to 102. She just had her shots on Thursday so I thought that maybe that could be it but I didn't know because Friday and Saturday she did so well. Well Landon and I decided that with a fever that high for her that I better stay home with her and take her to the doctor. We went to the doctor and they wanted to test her urine because she wasn't as stuffed and the doctor said that there was nothing in her lungs. They put a catheter in her and then we had to go to the hospital and have a blood test and a RSV test on her. Well when we got done with the doctor and the hospital it was about 6. When we got home from the hospital the doctors office called and wanted us to come back into the office. We got back to the Dr and they had got her results back from the hospital and her white blood cell count was really high but luckily the RSV came back negative. So they gave her a shot of Rocephine an antibiotic. We had to sit there for 15 minutes to make sure that she didn't react. She did great with it and so we were able to go home but we had to go back in yesterday to see if it was helping any with her white blood count. We we headed back over to the hospital yesterday to do another blood test and then back to the Dr. Well her cell count had gone down a little but it was still high for her age and so they gave her another shot of Rocephine. The Dr said at this point they still couldn't tell if it was a viral or a bacterial infection. But he said that it showed signs of some infection I can't remember what he called it but he said that if it goes untreated it could turn into meningitis. They usually vaccinate for it but she is too little. So last night we had a really good friend Rickey Hoyle give Jayleigh and I blessing. I worked with him at State Farm before he retired last May. He is such an amazing man and we are so blessed that we have found these wonderful people down here! Well after the blessing we came home and her fever had stayed below 100 all night!! The power of the priesthood I'm telling you! I don't know where we would be without it. The blessing I received has really helped me to, to not be so stressed about the whole money aspect(since I have missed 3 days of work with her) and just focus on getting her better. I feel so bad for this poor little girl. She had 2 shots on Thursday (her 2 month ones), then another shot on Monday, and another one on Tuesday. As if that wasn't enough she has had to her poor little foot pricked twice for blood and they drew a lot of blood! :( Then on top of that too she had to have a catheter. So I'm staying home with her for one more day today. We go back to the doctor today at 3 and hopefully her cell count has dropped again. I will keep you updated. I just want to thank all of our wonderful family for all their thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Cashelle said...

Poor little Jayleigh and poor you! It's hard watching your kids be sick and not knowing what to do or what is wrong. Love ya tons!!

JAKKnielson said...

That is so sad. But it is a good thing she has such a great and caring mommy that she will be alright and is getting the medical attention she needs. The trials we have to go through...but it makes us stronger and better parents. Love ya can't wait to see you on the 3rd.

Tausha Marie said...

Lacey, Thank you for commenting on my blog. We're really excited and I know it will definitely be worth it. Your baby girl is absolutely beautiful. I love the curly hair. So what are you up to these days besides being a wonderful mom?

Becky K. said...

Sweet little girl. She's a trooper--along with her mommy. Hope everything continues to be get better. We love her so much! (and you and Landon, too, of course)