Monday, August 31, 2009

Mill Flat Fire

So we have been inhaling a lot of smoke for the past 24 hours. I took these pictures yesterday after church. The first one is just outside of our apartment. The second one I took with my cell phone when we went to New Harmony to look at the fire. It was really eerie today to look outside. It was like someone had put an orange film over the sun. There was ash all over my car today when I went to go and get in it. I hope that they get it put out soon!

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Wow, we had similar skies in Manti all day today. There is a fire burning west of Gunnison in the mountains and a small fire in the Little Horseshoe. I think some of the smoke was from your fires, too.

Our Family said...

holy crap that is bad!!!!

Jerry Twitchell Family said...

That picture of the sun is amazing.