Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kjar Family Christmas

This weekend we had a really fun weekend. My mom and dad were nice enough, (since we are not going to be all together for Christmas this year) to buy all of us hotel rooms at the Marriott in Salt Lake. We headed up to Tooele on Friday night when Landon got home from work about 7. We hit a snowstorm by Fillmore and didn't know if we were going to be able to make it, but by Nephi it stopped snowing and we made to Tooele about 12:30. Then on Saturday we got up and got ready to head to Salt Lake. Then my mom and dad, Cashelle and AJ and Landon and I met up with Chris and Amanda at the Gateway. We ate lunch there and then we went to Build a Bear Workshop and I made a cute little teddy bear for Jayleigh. Madalynn and Audrey also got to make them Hannah Montana bears and they were VERY excited! After we were done there we headed to our hotel and got checked in. We went up to our room and I took about an hour nap while Landon went and checked out the hotel. We then all bundled up and headed out to go to Temple Square to look at all the beautiful lights and the Temple. Thomas was begging to ride the choo-choo (Trax) and so we decided to take a little ride. If you want some enjoyment, you should have seen all of us trying to get on and off Trax. When we got there everybody had gotten on while my mom, AJ and myself were last, and AJ was trying to get on there 2 person stroller. While we were watching AJ try to get the stroller in we heard this beeping noise. Well my mom and I had never been on Trax before so we asked "What's that noise?" AJ responds "Oh that means that doors are going to close." You should have seen my moms face and mine probably. We pushed AJ out of the way so that we could get on because were terrified that we were going to get left on the sidewalk or smashed in the doors. I'm sure you had to be there for it to be funny but it was hilarious. The people already on there were probably thinking that we were nuts!!! So we made it to Temple Square and it was beautiful. I have not been there for a very long time and it was so much fun to be able to go back. After we went and looked at the lights we went back to the hotel room, had pizza delivered and then we went swimming. We had so much fun and I am so sad that it is over but I just want to tell my mom and dad THANK YOU for everything!! It was so good to be able to be with the whole family and we will need to do it again! Here are a few of the pictures that I took of this adventure.
Landon and I by the fireplace at our hotel
AJ, Cashelle, Madalynn, Audrey, Thomas and Spencer
Mom and Dad The whole fam
The girls with their Hannah Montana bears
This picture I think is beautiful with the lights and the temple
AJ, Audrey and Landon walking through Temple Square
Spencer all bundled up
Dad, Mom, and Audrey waiting to get on Trax
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SUCH A GREAT WEEKEND AND WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great weekend! Hope to see ya for Christmas.

Becky K. said...

I wish we could do it all over again. It was so much fun!

The Kjars said...

Our family's not cool enough to get pictures on your blog? haha, Just teasing. We had a great time thanks for the gifts.