Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Going To Miss My Friend

Sorry I know that if you have been to my mom's site that you have already seen this picture but I just wanted to say a few things. Yesterday my mom and dad had to have our cat that we have had for about 15 or 16 years put to sleep. She was such a good cat and I am so thankful that we are able to have her as a part of our lives. I remember the day that we got Simba. We went up to Salt Lake and got my dad his new truck. On the way home he suggested that we stop at the Humane Society and just look around, and that is where we found her. When we first met Simba she was climbing her cage upside down, putting her paws in the water, and you could just tell that she was full of mischief. We had a lot of fun times with Simba. I remember when we had to take her back up to the Humane Socitey to be spade. We had only had for a little while and we had to take her up there and leave her for a while. When we went back up there to get her she ran straight to my mom for her to pick her up. Even though we had only had her for such a short while she knew where she belonged. Another time that I remember of Simba is when she was in her older years and we got leather couches and had to have her de-clawed. We took her down to the vet and when we went to go and pick her up she had two great big pink casts on her paws. When we tried to get her out of the cage she swung at us and would not let us pick her up. We had to throw a towel over her head just to get her our of the cage. Then on the way home she was still doped up on the pain medicine and she was having a hard time standing. Even though when Simba got older and did not like to be around people and kids she was still one of my best friends. She could tell when you were sad or sick and all she wanted to do was be by your side. When I got married and moved away I missed her VERY VERY much. My favorite memory of Simba was when my Grandpa Kjar died. I wasn't working yet in Cedar since Landon and I had just gotten married about a month prior and Landon let me stay up with my mom and dad for that whole week until the funeral. Simba could tell I was upset and she slept by my side for about 3 days and always came up to me and rubbed my leg, in her way letting me know that it would all be okay. Well sorry that this post was so long but I just wanted to pay some tribute to one of my best and loyal friends. I LOVE YOU SIMBA AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Oh, you made me cry again. I miss her a lot. I was doing laundry today and missed her coming down "to help." She ALWAYS followed me everywhere I went. When I was on the computer, she would come and sit in the computer room. When I watched TV she would sit by me in the TV room. I'm going to miss her, too.