Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years 2011

We had a wonderful New Years, this year. We headed up to Elsinore on Thursday night since I didn't have to work on Friday. The weather was horrible but we made it! We headed up to my parent's in Manti on Friday morning. My sister Cashelle and her family also came down. We had great day of visiting, playing games, eating, and just enjoying each others company. I love being able to spend time with them since I don't get to see them very often. In my dad's backyard there is some deer, so we watched them a lot of the weekend. One was a pretty nice buck. Jayleigh loved watching them and kept wanting to go out to look at the elk. (She calls anything with antlers elk.) We also spent quite a bit of time with Grandma Kjar. On Saturday the kids went sledding. Then of course Sunday had to come so we all to head home which I wasn't excited about because I did not want to go home and go back to work. Here are some pictures of our fun weekend. Thanks mom and dad for everything! We had so much fun and we can't wait until we can come up again. We love you guys!!
Here are the "elk" that we saw :)
Sweet Grandma Kjar
Sledding!
Yeah it was 1 degree. That morning it was -23!
The girls getting ready to play Wii. Those girls are so awesome, I'm so glad that they are Jayleigh's cousin and are so good to her!
On Sunday my dad was nice enough to cook mutton for us. I love that stuff, but I had to show them all bundled up and look at all the steam. I can't believe how cold it was up there. Thanks dad it was so delish!
Cute Grandma Duncan. "Grannie"

I still can't believe that the holidays are over. We had so much fun!

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

I know. You spend so much time planning for Christmas and the holiday break. Before you know it, it's all over!