I feel like I haven't posted anything about the new arrival coming in our family. The reason why...............I really haven't! We found out we were expecting this little bundle of joy in October. Landon and I were convinced it was a girl. We then had Jayleigh convinced that is what it was.
We told our families in November right around Thanksgiving and they were very much excited as well. It seemed like it took forever for us to find out what this little baby was. I decided I couldn't wait until my 20 week ultrasound and we scheduled a gender only ultrasound. We had told our families but then I cancelled the appointment because we decided we didn't want to pay the extra money for the gender only. Landon and I couldn't stand it any longer and re-scheduled the appointment without any of our family knowing.
We headed up to Gunnison on the 24th of January to find out the exciting news. We were in the ultrasound room and Jayleigh was excited to see her little sister. That is all she had talked about for weeks was her sister. Well.........they got a pretty good shot of his goods, and there was no turning back.....he was without a question a boy. Jayleigh's whole face went from a smile to straight as a board. She didn't talk to any of us the rest of the appointment. We got in the car after and decided to hurry and run up to Manti to surprise my mom and dad. We kept talking to Jayleigh about how fun it would be to have a brother. The whole time she has her hands folded staring out the window. I then asked her what we should name him. With her lips pursed together she mumbled, "How about Loser." Landon and I just looked at each other and didn't know quite what to say. (As we were trying hard to not laugh and let her see.) She then mumbled something else and we had to get after her and tell her that wasn't very nice.
We told my mom and dad and they were excited for us and not surprised. They had figured it was a boy all along. We headed back down to Richfield so I could get back to work. We stopped at McDonalds really fast to get some lunch for me before I went back. Jayleigh got a happy meal as usual only to make a horrific discovery. She opened it up and let out a sound of disgust and then a toy came flying up by my head, as Jayleigh declared "I can't play with this, it's a BOY toy. I guess my little brother will have to have it." Needless to say she was not a very happy camper that day about having a brother.
We decided to do something fun for Landon's parents since this will be their first grandson. Lyndsay brought home a box from Walmart and addressed to Jerry and Shelly. I ran to the store and got a couple of blue balloons and we hid them inside the box. We took the box down to Jerry and Shelly's and told her we just found it on the front porch and brought it in with us. She was kind of suspicious but opened up it and before the balloons even got out, she was jumping and down. Jerry had to take the box from her to look inside and see what it was. It was so much fun and I'm so glad we did that for them.
Jayleigh has since warmed up to the idea of having a brother thank goodness. I was really scared that day that she was not going to be very nice to him. Now she has to make sure whenever we buy something for her that baby brother gets something as well. She is so kind and thoughtful. We went to the Disney store a while after we found out and she made sure that we got him a stuffed animal so that he would have something waiting for him when he came out.
We are very excited to be adding a boy to our family. I only have about 8-9 weeks left. I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by! My due date is June 16 but we will probably get him a little early because I will have to have a C-section. I'm getting really scared about having 2 kids but I know once he is here everything will be okay. I'm so excited for him to come but I feel like the next couple of weeks can just slow down a little bit. I just want to enjoy this last little bit of being pregnant and being a family of 3.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see little "Lou." I'm excited. I'll never forget how you told us about it I. California for Thanksgiving. That was priceless.
Post a Comment