Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Relay For Life

Richfield held a Relay For Life event about a week after Dick died. It was so touching to be there with all those survivors and all of the families there to support them. At first they did a survivors lap where they had all the survivors in their purple shirts start off the Relay. That was one of the coolest things I have witnessed. To see all those survivors still fighting and having a positive outlook on life, I cried about the whole lap. They had these bags that you write names of family members or friends that are still fighting or have passed away. We did one for Landon's Grandpa Brown, Uncle Dick and of course my Dad. I don't know why I didn't do one for my Grandma Duncan that had breast cancer but I didn't. :( It was so touching to be able to do that and really think about the things we have to be grateful too. Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Must be a great thing. Maybe I can go next year.