Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Great Grandparents

Jayleigh is so lucky to be able to have 6 that's right six grandmas. Grammie (my mom), Grandma Shelly, Great Grandma Duncan, Great Grandma Kjar, Great Grandma Brown, and Great Grandma Twitchell. And Jayleigh loves every single one of them. While we were up in Manti I also took her to see both of her great grandmas as well as to see her great grandpas in the cemetery. I miss my Grandpas so much and I wish Jayleigh would have had earthly time to spend with them. I know that they would have loved her. The same with Landon's Grandpas. I need to get better pictures of her with Landon's side.
Grandpa Duncan. I miss him so much, and can't believe that he has been gone 8 almost 9 years! He was so much fun to be around even though he didn't say much and didn't like to give hugs, I always knew that he loved me. Growing up next door he has always had a place in my heart and always will. I love him so much.
Grandpa Kjar. Oh how I miss that man so much. He always told the best stories and was always happy. I always loved being around him and just feeling his energy. I absolutely loved giving him hugs and just talking with him. When he died it left a HUGE whole in my heart that has never been replaced. Jayleigh I know would have loved him and I know he would have loved her so much!!!
Great Grandma Kjar. Of course Jayleigh loves going there because she knows that she gets a sucker or smarties every time she goes. I absolutely love this lady. She has a special place in my heart and always will. I have always aspired to be like her and I know that I am falling WAY short. She is such a great example and I'm so happy that I get to have her for my grandma and Jayleigh gets to call her Great Grandma Kjar! Grandma Duncan "Grannie". I love this woman too. I sound like a broken record I know, I know. I have learned so much from her and I love talking with her. She is so sweet and just loves life. I admire her hard work ethic and to this day she hates asking for help and wants to be able to do all the things she once did. For years living next to her the highlight was of course the New Years Eve Party. Her birthday is on January 1st and so we always had a big party and stayed up til Midnight playing games and just having a blast. I love having those memories with her. My dad in his backyard has planted a tree for everyone of his grand kids. I hadn't gotten a picture of Jayleigh by her tree yet so I had to get one finally. I love that he does this for the grandchildren and each child knows who's tree is who's and they are all excited to see how much they have grown.

2 comments:

Cashelle said...

Awe. I miss the grandpa's too. Think about them every single day. We did get lucky in the grandma department huh?! LOVED all the new posts. Keep them coming!!!

Becky K. said...

Love your post. It brought tears to my eyes--especially talking about the grandpas. I miss them both so so much.